Feel happy to be awake and blog about the zeal I have for welcoming the year, 2009 and bidding farewell to 2008 which went pretty average for me. For, in 2009, lies many important events to happen, in personal as well as professional life. Hope the brightest part of me gets reflected and I come out shining in the new year!
Well, I would, definitely like to share and announce some of my resolutions for the year 2009:
1. Bring down weight to 70 (from 75 currently).
2. Take part in the 5 km run (for which I have already registered) and atleast run a half-marathon (~22 km) by the year end. Not that I haven't started off with the preparations. Slowly and steadily I tend to realize this dream!
3. Learn swimming, because that's what I fear the most I suppose! And I don't want to loose out on anything due to this phobia.....
4. Learn a musical instrument, preferably a guitar (since I have one!), 'coz music really soothes your soul. Its relaxing. Atleast, arise the passion and search for some peace in music!
5. Get actively associated with an NGO, especially related to kids. Not just monetary-wise, but volunteer for some act, like teaching, reading stories, playing around, making them laugh, etc.... , 'coz I feel kids (majority) are the only ones who are away from the bad qualities in this world, though they are catching up on it pretty fast! I think mind-set should be set right in a person, right from a smaller age. And a small kind deed in this direction may help these kids in some phase of their life!
This was a shortened list, some more personal things hidden in mind! Well, I hope I live upto my expectations and dreams and turn 2009 into a fruitful one!
Meanwhile, wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year, 2009. I sign off, going to sleep, only to wake up to see yet another day, yet another year! WOW!